Monday, July 18, 2016

THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN ME AND GOD

Dt 5:1-10

The order to keep commandments of God makes heavier the heart. But the today's text gives this lesson : it's important to have two kind of relationship between me and God before keeping his commandments.

  1. The personal relationship from mercy (1-6)
As existence precedes essence, mercy precedes law. We must enter into a relationship with God before observe the ten commandments. Moses emphasizes the personal relationship with God v 1 to 6.
-The promise between the Lord and me (6)
-The personal encounter with God
-works of God who gave me mercy first, etc...
Is your faith personnal or depends of other ?

  1. The absolute relationship of the Law (7-10)
When you feel personally God's love and receive his mercy, finally you have the obligation to obey his word. The commandments of God are absolute. Moreover, only God must be the master who dominates my heart (7,8). Read v. 9-10. It can't have other gods than God (7-10).
Prayer : Lord full of mercy, as you saved me, help-me serve you with joy.
Bottom line : mercy precedes

No comments:

Post a Comment